Comcast Cable Eastern Division
Location : New Castle,
Comcast, founded in 1963, has grown into one of the world's leading
communication and entertainment companies - focused on broadband cable,
commerce and content. Comcast Cable is the country's largest provider of cable
services, and has expanded to digital services, faster Internet and IP-enabled
phone service, and innovative programming - over 250 cable channels, including
popular channels like - E!, Sportsnet, Exercise TV, The Golf Channel and more.
Comcast connects with more than 24.7 million cable customers, 14.1 million
high-speed Internet customers and 5.2 million voice customers - providing top
consumer products and services in three key areas: video, digital cable, VOD,
HD and DVR; online; and voice. We strive to be the company customers look to
for the products and services that connect them to what is important in their
This position is responsible for assisting Engineering and Operations
departments in the design and documentation of all Fiber Optic Outside Plant
and Inside Plant Headend / Network designs in the Philadelphia Metro area.
Daily tasks will include the creation, and or maintenance of existing and new
documents with in AutoCAD, Focus, Visio, MapInfo, and OSP Insight programs.
- Provide a weekly report on the status of all assigned projects.
- Maintain an environment of mutual respect that values the contributions of
individual team members and maximizes the diverse talents of each employee.
- Work with other departments as necessary to maintain an in-depth, technical
knowledge base of new technologies being deployed.
- Maintain an existing library of network design documentation, and provide
updates to all engineering and technical operations staff as requested.
- Coordinate with various internal and external groups to maintain and update
documentation on current and future services i.e. RF, Optical, Video-On-Demand
(VOD), High Speed Data (HSD), Comcast Digital Voice (CDV), Switch Digital
Video (SDV), and Comcast Commercial Services (CCS) designs.
- Create and maintain design documentation and data files on fiber
interconnects and transport networks between Headend, Hubs, OTN's, POP's, and
Co-located facilities to include optical electronics, splicing diagrams,
network layouts, construction details, optical loss data, and splicing
- Ensures design and documentation specifications to meet the Comcast
standards throughout the Philadelphia Metro area.
- Ensures engineering change management standards and procedures for the
Philadelphia Metro area are followed.
- Maintain the integrity of all diagrams and data files for the fiber optic
cable plant and optical electronics; inclusive of routes and distances;
splicing diagrams; network layouts; construction details; headend connections;
optical loss data; splicing priorities; card carried services per fiber, per
wavelength, and manufacture information by digitizing graphic and text data
via OSP Insight, AutoCAD, and Focus.
- Must have the ability to interpret and document outside plant records from
- Must have the ability to be on an on call rotation to support field
personnel in the troubleshooting and restoration of fiber optic plant.
- Candidates must have a High School Diploma or GED,
- Associates degree in Computer Aided Drafting or Electronics a plus.
- Candidates must have a strong drafting background (5 years work experience)
utilizing AutoCAD, and or Focus/Bentley a must.
- Experience interpreting CATV or Telco construction / contractor blueprints
and as-builds a must.
- Candidates must have working knowledge of all Microsoft Windows 2000,
Windows XP based software.
- Candidates must have a strong documentation background utilizing Visio
2003-2007, MapInfo, and OSP Insight.
- Candidates must have a strong understanding and working knowledge of all
Comcast documentation and design standards.
- Candidates must display solid analytical, problem solving skills.
- Candidates must be detail oriented.
- Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates must be able to communicate and get along well with others.
- Candidates must be team oriented.
- Candidates must be self-motivated and take the initiative when necessary.
- Punctual, regular, consistent attendance required.
- Office environment
- Some travel with in the Tri-state area may be required.
- Visual contact with adult content possible
How to Apply:
Category: Other Engineering
Country: United States