Job Title Sales Engineer
Date February 22, 2010
Location Santiago, Chile • New York, NY
Degree Required Bachelor's degree
Max Salary $60,000 to $90,000 per year
Job Type Full-Time, Employee
Min Experience 5-10 Years Experience
Position Id SE-CF
2 Sales Engineering Fulltime Roles
Outside Sales Specialist; Remote from hom e.
Mechanical valve and piping product solutions
Base 60-80,000 plus Engineering Spec Bonus
Responsible for the development and strengthening of our specification position at the engineer and owner level in a given territory, for all products. This will be accomplished through a balanced multi-market approach, utilizing an account/project based goals and objectives program.
1. Assesses their given area of responsibility and prioritizes the owner and accounts they will focus on
2. Develops and implements a yearly game plan that achieves an improved specification position, focused on all applicable products. Particular attention will be given to proprietary products and their technical specification so we can preclude competitive products from us e.
3. Responsible for penetrating and increasing position at agreed to target accounts (owners, engineers, construction managers and limited contractors). A matrix will be maintained at each of these targeted accounts.
4. Develops a complete understanding of:
*Product features/benefits, account hierarchy, market and product applications and technical language/wording
*Specifications as an industry document, its content and language
*Competitive products and positioning
5. Documents all activity in Seibel through the account /project screens
6. Develops and maintains industry relationships including joining all applicable associations
7. Fulfills all corporate administrative requirements.
8. Understands the construction cycle and successfully influences decision-makers at all levels to maximize sales/specification potential.
9. Investigates and reports on market trends, competitor activity, etc.
10. Communicates and coordinates activities with their regional counterparts when applicable
11. Drive Plan through Account/Project Development through all levels
12. Use of Siebel as key communication tool
*Minimum standards are met as per corporate requirements
*Meets required reporting procedures as established by corporate
*All activities should be “geared” toward profitable sales
*Communication and cross-functional use is critical
Qualifications (education, experience, personal attributes):
*College graduate with an Engineering degre e. Mechanical Engineering preferred but will consider other engineering disciplines.
*Previous industry experience preferably related to the commercial construction industry or mechanical products.
*Strong written and verbal communication skills, professional imag e.
*Willing to travel overnight.
*Competitive, flexible, and resilient by natur e.
*Strong organizational and time management skills.
Compensation will be based on experience and will consist of a competitive base salary, incentive compensation, company automobile, and a comprehensive benefit packag e.
Engineering Sales Manager, No direct reports.
Technical Sales Specialist; Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical Valve and Piping Product Solutions
Base 60-80,000 plus per diem
CRITICAL JOB SEGMENTS:
1. Serve as a consultant and provide training to customers, prospective customers, sales representatives and sales support staff regarding product features, benefits and applications.
a. Create, organize and conduct technical seminars at customer or third party locations to illuminate how solutions can be incorporated into system designs.
b. Make joint calls with sales personnel to customer's facilities to address specific technical inquiries.
c. Provide solutions to customers through verbal and written correspondenc e.
2. Responsible for managing local product performance/liability issues. This includes performing or delegating field investigation
\asns as to further product usage and performance complaints, managing and evaluating field issues through the Warranty Claims system, raising awareness of critical issues needing corrective action, reviewing and revising installation instructions, and working with Product Development and QA for continual improvement/permanent solutions.
3. Serve as an internal technical resource to Product Development Engineers, Product Managers, and Executive Management on product issues, representing the customer’s needs and uncovering new business opportunities.
4. Create and facilitate training sessions with new engineers, sales and sales support personnel to educate them on the features and benefits of our products and services.
5. Direct and maintain focus of Engineering Services on pro-active support of new business opportunities and on responding to our customer’s needs. Use creative methods to obtain consistency in “policy” type issues, regardless of their origin.
6. Continually update personal knowledge of products, competitive products, and piping markets. Create or revise technical literature to adapt to new developments. Advise marketing of local literature needs and necessary corrections.
7. Perform additional related projects as assigned by the Manager of Engineering Services.
8. Specific policies and procedures have been established by the Engineering Department to provide for the security and accessibility of electronic data and confidential information. It is the responsibility of the employee, in the daily course of doing business, to follow said policies as they relate to document management (see EOG-26). The extent to which departmental research and development information is stored electronically has vastly increased, and will continue to do so. It is therefore the responsibility of each departmental employee to understand their role in communicating via e-mails and that all e-mails must be written/responded to in a professional manner, as outlined in EOG-26.
1. Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
2. 5 – 7 years experience with grooved piping products or related piping project management. Understanding of markets, and customer challenges and be provider of creative solutions.
3. Requires excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to rationally understand concerns and objectives and develop/communicate strategies to overcome them. Desire to excel and win.
4. Problem solving and challenge oriented. Must enjoy customer interactions, working as a trusted collaborative and productive partner.
5. Ability to be a team leader as well as a team member. Work collaboratively with the sales team as a trusted contributor, but provide integrity on technical matters to protect our customers and the long term value of the brand.
6. Organized with the ability to set priorities.
7. Global thinker, willingness to take direction from Global management and willingness and ability to travel (without governmental restrictions).
Category: Mechanical Engineering
Country: United States
|| Eng Mech I: Buffalo Grove, IL, Senior Machinist Specialist: Palo Alto, CA, Senior Product Engineer: Wellsville, NY, Senior Machinist Specialist: Austin, TX, Mechanical Turbine Engineer: Philadelphia, PA, Mechanic, Mechanical: San Diego, CA, UH-60 Mechanic: Fort Riley, KS, Mechanical Technician: Stockton, UT, Validation Engineer: Woodburn, IN, Mechanical Engineer: Bedford, NH, Mechanical Design Engineer, Systems Product Development, Sr. Mechanical Design and Test Engineer : Raytheon Company at AL - Huntsville, USA, Mechanical Design Engineer: Hampton, NH, Senior Mechanical/Nuclear Engineer: Frederick, MD, Mechanical / Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer: CA-Sacramento, Mechanical Engineer, Designer/Drafter, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical/Civil SUPERINTENDENT, Mechanical Engineer, Mechatronics Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Project Engineer Mechanical, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer