Microchip Biotechnologies, Inc. (MBI) is dedicated to providing integrated systems enabling reliable microsample preparation and analysis for the life sciences. Sample preparation processes tend to be complex, expensive, and researchers are caught between very manual procedures or expensive, large robotic systems. In addition there is a fundamental mismatch between the volume real world samples present in (as large as 10 ml/ 10-2 liters) and the volumes used by modern analytical instrumentation (as little as 10-9 liters). This mismatch wastes large amounts of expensive consumables and precious samples. MBI is developing technologies aimed at simplifying sample preparation, addressing the issue of volume scale and ultimately developing complete 'sample-to-answer' solutions with a much smaller footprint than is available today.
Dublin, CA 94568
Jul 06, 2007
• Participates in the development of instrumentation for the
fields of molecular biology / forensics / diagnostics.
• Lead the technical staff, work with
engineering on system design and specification
• Test and verify system performance.
• Prepares and documents experimental plans, progress reports and
personal work schedules.
• Analyzes data and prepares reports and presentations on the
• Operates, tests and characterizes prototype systems in
• BS/MS/PhD in a Molecular Biology or equivalent
• 5-15 years experience primarily in a biotechnology
instrumentation development environment.
• A thorough knowledge of molecular biology analysis and
laboratory process and methods, primarily with PCR.
• Experience working on multiple projects, in support and lead
roles, scheduling and time management.
• Experience specifying systems and preparing project
documentation and test planning.
• Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) Excellent
communication and interpersonal skills.
Special Skills Preferred
Engineering skills (Hardware, Software or Optical).
• Analytical or device control programming.
• Drive, focus and intensity ready for a start-up environment.
6693 Sierra Lane
Dublin, CA 94568
Phone: 925 5582136
| Apply |
Category: System Engineering Jobs
Country: United States
|| Systems Engineer:New York, NY, Sr System Engineer: Pleasanton, CA, Network/Info Systems Engineer, Software Systems Architerct ( Linux Drivers), System Engineer: Camarillo, CA, RF Systems Engineer: San Diego, CA, RF Systems Engineer: San Diego, CA, Systems Administration: Watertown, MA, RF Systems Engineer: Irvine, CA, Systems Engineer: Irvine, CA, Lead Systems Engineer: Carmel, Indiana, Engineering Technician, Systems Engineer, Monitoring Systems Engineer, Systems Engineer, System BIOS Engineer, Systems Engineer, Wireless Systems Engineers, Senior Power Systems Engineer, Engineering Optical Systems Manager, Systems Engineer, Modem Systems Engineer, U/S Systems Engineer, Senior Radar Systems Engineer, System-Regulatory Engineer