Corning Incorporated is a diversified technology company with a rich history
spanning more than 150 years. Corning concentrates efforts on high impact
growth opportunities worldwide. We combine our expertise in specialty glass,
ceramic materials, polymers and the manipulation of properties of light with
strong process and manufacturing capabilities to develop, engineer and
commercialize significant innovative products for the flat panel display,
telecommunications, environmental and life sciences markets.
To know more about Corning visit us at:
Department Marketing Statement :
Corning Display Technologies is a worldwide leader in glass substrates for
active matrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs), also known as thin film
transistor liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCDs). Our premium-quality substrates
are used in notebook computers, flat-panel desktop monitors, LCD televisions,
and portable electronic and communications devices
To know more about Corning Display Technologies worldwide, please visit us at:
Day to Day Responsibilities :
* Melting and Delivery system process development and engineering. Lead all
activity related to achieving process objectives.
* Worldwide manufacturing support. Provide third level troubleshooting for
* Technical analysis of melting and delivery processes. Application of
analytical results to improving processes and meeting customer requirements.
* Interface with Research and Development for production trials of new
products, processes, and technology.
* Interface with Plant Engineering to facilitate the introduction of new
processes, products, and technology into manufacturing.
* Design and implementation of process experiments.
* Worldwide Migration of new Processes, Products, and Technologies within
* Melting Optimization portfolio - Manage projects with worldwide impact on
* Develop new technology to improve melting operations. New technology
includes operational practices, raw materials, and process design.
* Support manufacturing startups and expansions worldwide.
* Support equipment repair activities as required worldwide.
Projects involved with:
* Process Excellence - Six Sigma
* Technology deployment and migration
Team or Individual: Line Team operating and engineering environment
Size of Department: 22 People
Required to sign a Covenant Not to Compete
* B.S. in Engineering (Ceramic, Chemical, Materials or Mechanical
Strong technical skills.
* 3+ years in glass or ceramic manufacturing/engineering environment. Entry
level considered with relevant internship experience
* Statistical analysis and application of statistical tools for process
control and management.
* Computing environment skills
* Chemical or Ceramic Engineering degree
* M.S. in Engineering discipline
* Glass manufacturing experience
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong leadership and decision-making skills
* Strong process management skills
* Strong project management skills
* Effective at communicating across varying payroll levels
* Ability to listen to and gain process understanding from supervisors, peers,
Corning Incorporated offers a comprehensive benefits package which provides
health care coverage and financial security for employees and their families.
This package features a pension plan, 401k plan, employee share purchase plan
and a health and welfare program, plus many other valuable benefits including
dental, vision, employee assistance plan, group legal services, short and
long-term disability plans , flexible spending accounts, vacation pay, holiday
pay, tuition reimbursement, survivor benefits , work-life benefits and more.
Corning also offers medical, dental, vision, employee assistance plan, Group
Legal Services and Lifeworks benefits and more to same-sex domestic partners
and their eligible dependents.
Corning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply online at
and search with ref no. #14977
Mention that you saw this ad on Careerbuilder.